Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Concerning My Resume

Pic unrelated, but awesome.


Dear Everywhere I've Sent My Resume,

I saw your ad on Craigslist, Jobs.com, yahoo.jobs.com, Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, INeedaFrickinJob.com, and upon reading and reviewing the job description and qualifications you had listed, thought I might be the best candidate. So I cleaned up my resume and sent that puppy in to the e-mail addresses listed.

And then I waited. Like a jaded lover, sitting by the phone, constantly checking my e-mail, just waiting to hear from the one and only you.

But did you call? No. Did you write? Oh no.

No, you just left me hangin'! What the hell, Everywhere I Sent My Resume?? What. The. Hell? I mean, I know the job market is bad. I get it, I truly do. But even I know it's a professional courtesy to at least reply with a nice, "Thank you for submitting your resume". Even if I'm not what you're looking for in an employee, it's better to tell me exactly that so I can move on to the next thing. I mean, what happened to professional courtesy these days? Did you lay that guy off, too?

All I'm sayin' is bad news is better than no news. We're all used to let downs these days, so stop trying to not hurt anyone's feelings, grow some testicular fortitude, and let a sister know one way or another.

Love and Kisses,

That girl who called you over and over again leaving you voicemail after voicemail inquiring as to whether or not you received her resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment